*8 Things this week: 8 Things That Make Me Feel Powerful
1. Swimming two miles a day. When I swim even more (yesterday I did four), I feel like a freakin’ superhero. When I’m in the water, I fly. Nothing feels better when I need to work my anxieties, fears, doubts, anger, frustration, etc. out.
2. Loud music. Especially in my car.
3. Actually, driving in general makes me feel powerful.
4. …and do do rollercoasters. Love speed, love drops, love being swept off my feet by a great rollercoaster.
5. Creating/writing something I couldn’t have imagined I would be able to create. That satisfaction, pride, and surprise equals pure confidence. I love it.
6. Making people laugh. I LOVE making people laugh. I like breaking the ice, creating comfort, gaining presence in a social situation.
7. Being asked for my opinion, insights, thoughts. I love being valued and being able to contribute in my own small ways.
8. Doing animal rescue work. While I can’t take on animal abusers and neglect head-on, I AM making a small difference in an animal’s life and repairing some of the damage those wretched people have done.